Your use of the AnatomyZone website, whether as a registered user or as a guest, is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and the site owners. By using the site, you are indicating that you have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions, as laid out below.
Your agreement with AnatomyZone is made up of the following components:
- The Terms and Conditions detailed in this document
Any breach of the terms contained herein may result in termination of your right to use this website, as well as the deletion of any accounts, comments and submissions associated with your use or misuse of the website.
Membership and Accounts
In order to access certain parts of the site, we require you to create an AnatomyZone account. You must provide accurate and up-to-date information when subscribing, and ensure that you update it when appropriate.
You agree that you are solely responsible (to AnatomyZone, and to third parties) for all activity originating from your account.
Passwords and confirmation codes issued to you, or created by you should be kept confidential and never shared. If you become concerned that a breach of security or any unauthorised use has occurred on your account, you should contact the AnatomyZone administrators immediately.
You have the right to cancel your account at any time by contacting the AnatomyZone staff. If you choose to do this, we request that in the interest of other users you allow us to retain any assessments you have created so that others may benefit from them (though they will cease to show your name alongside). You may opt out of this if you wish.
General Restrictions on Use
AnatomyZone hereby grants you permission to access and use the website subject to the following conditions:
- You agree not to distribute any part of the website or any content contained within, including but not limited to and user submissions, in any medium whatsoever.
- You agree not to modify or alter any part of the website.
- You agree not to access any of the website content through any medium other than that provided by AnatomyZone – namely the AnatomyZone browser interface, and RSS feed.
- You agree not to (or attempt to) circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with any features of the website, including but not limited to measures ensuring the security of user content and details.
- You agree not to use AnatomyZone or any part thereof for any commercial use without prior written permission of the owners. This includes any redistribution or resale of our content on other sites for the purpose of gaining financially through advertising revenues, the sale of membership, or any other means.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system that accesses the website in a manner which sends requests to our server more frequently than a human can reasonably produce in the same time frame.
- You agree not to harvest any personal data of any user of the site, nor the site as a whole.
- You agree not to use the website for the solicitation of business. This includes, but is not limited to the advertising or linking of other sites, promotion of services or events – whether they be profit-making or not.
Access to the Site
AnatomyZone attempts to ensure continuous, uninterrupted access to the site. Nevertheless, we are unable to guarantee that services will not be interrupted from time to time without notice, either due to unforeseen circumstances, or in the process of bringing you new features and services.
Furthermore, you acknowledge that the nature of the services we provide may change from time to time without prior notice.
You agree that you are solely responsible (and that neither AnatomyZone nor any third party has any responsibility for) your actions in relation to the website, as well as any breaches of your obligations under the terms and conditions of use. This extends to any consequences (including any loss or damage) which may arise to yourself, AnatomyZone, or any third party as a result of your actions.
Intellectual Property Rights
All permanent content on the site (defined as content produced by AnatomyZone alone, and therefore excluding all comments) is owned by AnatomyZone, and is protected by UK and other intellectual property laws. You may not copy or redistribute any part of this content without express written permission from the AnatomyZone owners with the exception of:
The AnatomyZone logo may be copied and used for the sole purpose of providing appropriate links to this site. Any other use of the AnatomyZone trademarks or logos is strictly prohibited.
Content of User Submissions
You agree that you are responsible for all aspects of content you submit, as well as the consequences of its publication. While AnatomyZone does check submitted content, we do not endorse any user submission or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein. Furthermore, we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with user submissions.
AnatomyZone provide no assurance that content on the site is true, accurate or up to date. Content may be written or influenced by parties who are not qualified medical professionals, and as a consequence should be viewed for interest only, and should not be used either in the process of diagnosis or patient management, nor as a substitute for your own clinical judgement, or the advice of a qualified medical professional.
Both the site in general, and user submissions may contain hyperlinks to other websites and resources. The presence of these links does not constitute an endorsement by AnatomyZone, nor can we vouch for their content, practices or functionality. AnatomyZone accepts no responsibility for any loss or damages which may arise from their use.
AnatomyZone makes no assurances that the use of this site will ensure success in either exams or general academic and clinical performance.
Limitation of Liability
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only, it is not a substitute for an anatomy textbook, nor does it claim to be an absolute authority on the subject of anatomy. The information is provided by AnatomyZone and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, AnatomyZone shall not be held liable for:
- Any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the information contained on, or use, or inability to use the website or any material contained within. This includes without limitation any liability for loss of income, business, profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, goodwill, failure in exams, wasted time or clinical errors.
- The deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store any user submission or other data communicated via the website or through other means.
- Your failure to provide correct details to us, or your failure to retain confidential passwords in a secure manner.
General Legal Terms
These terms, and your agreement with AnatomyZone under them shall be governed by English law, under the jurisdiction of the courts in the UK.
You agree that if AnatomyZone does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained within these terms, that this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of our rights, and that those rights will remain available to AnatomyZone.
If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the terms without affecting the rest of the document. The remaining provisions of the terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
Changes to these Terms
AnatomyZone reserves the right to make changes to this agreement, and amendments will be posted on this page (https://anatomyzone.com/terms-of-use/).
In using the site, you are agreeing to the latest version of the terms, as displayed on this page.
We view your use of the site and its content as an agreement to these terms, and so we advise that you check back regularly to ensure that this remains the case.